It’s Wednesday and closer to the weekend otherwise known as bikini time… Every part of your body is on display when wearing summer clothes and bathing suits. Do you want to look even better in your swimsuit this summer? Then don’t neglect your back! Stay in proportion by working each body part on a daily basis – consistency is the key.
This exercise routine is focused primarily to utilize back muscles. The cardio and abdominal bursts throughout the workout add spunk and get your heart pumping! No good workout is without sweat.
- Stair Master -> 15 minutes with intensity increasing every 5 minutes (start at level 6 and work your way up)
- SUPERSET #1 (repeat 3x, 15 repetitions each): wide grip lat pull down machine, underhand cable pulldowns, hanging leg raises, & cable straight arm pull downs
- SUPERSET #2 (repeat 3x, 15 repetitions each): one arm dumbbell rows (15 repetitions with each arm) & exercise ball pull-in’s
- SUPERSET#3 (repeat 3x, 15 repetitions each): seated cable rows & abdominal crunches
- SUPERSET #4 (repeat 4 times): bent over barbell rows (15 repetitions – can be completed with an inside or outside grip) & mountain climbers (40 repetitions)
- SUPERSET #5 (repeat 3 times, 15 repetitions): back extension (can be weighted; optional), Roman char leg raises, & exercise ball pull-in’s
Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.
-Jim Ryan (former NFL Denver Bronco’s linebacker)
xxx – Sarah