Who says you have to eat eggs in the morning?!?! This dish can be consumed easily at lunch and/or dinner if you are at home! I tend to eat eggs at night because they’re easy and filling! This recipe is nutrient dense (great source of complex carbohydrates, protein, minerals, and vitamins). Try this breakfast item in reverse… aka later in the day. The ingredients below are portioned for one person but can easily be doubled, tripled, etc.
- 1 full egg
- 2 egg whites (sifted from a regular egg)
- 2 thin green onions (scallions); minced
- 1/4 c Spanish onions; minced
- 1/4 c cherry tomatoes; sliced in half
- 1/4 c yellow bell peppers; diced
- 1/4 c red bell peppers; diced
- Olive oil spray (enough to coat frying pan)
- Coat frying pan with olive oil spray and place on stove at medium heat.
- When pan is heated – toss in prepared vegetables and mix to allow for even browning (estimated time for browning/caramelization = 5 minutes).
- Add egg mixture to the vegetables and mix.
- When eggs are cooked, transfer the finished product to a plate, and voila! Bon appetite 🙂