Happy Valentine’s Day! Feed your heart with the right stuff! Start today with this salad recipe.
I adore salads. Creating new mixes with bold flavors is fun but can go wrong sometimes. Just made this salad the other day and it was fantastic. I was craving mandarin oranges so I made that craving a reality… It was a perfect boost of vitamin-C to my day (I prefer to get my vitamins and minerals from tasty food sources rather than taking supplements)! However some supplements are necessary if you cannot consume a wholesome diet or are hoping to achieve certain health goals!
Please note that in the recipe below the ingredients are portioned for two individuals.
- 2 1/2 c spring mix
- 1 c mandarin oranges, pieces
- 1/2 c strawberries, thinly sliced
- 1/4 c walnuts, finely chopped
- Olive oil spray (to coat the frying pan)
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 red onion, finely minced
- 1 whole vine tomato, diced
- 10 scallops (raw; cooks very quickly)
- 10 shrimp (pre-cooked)
- Spices: garlic powder, cajun, black pepper
- 2 tbsp virgin balsamic vinegar
- Cutting board
- French knife
- 2 salad bowls for serving
- Frying pan
- Portion out the ingredients for the salad.
- Divide the greens amongst the two salad bowls.
- Evenly distribute the fixings (oranges, strawberries, walnuts, red onion, and tomato) amongst the two bowls.
- Drizzle balsamic vinegar atop both the salad and its respective fixings.
- Heat the frying pan over medium heat – coat with olive oil spray then toss in the scallops.
- Brown the scallops on both sides for about two minutes then add in the shrimp.
- Sprinkle the spices over the shrimp and scallops then allow for browning before flipping over the items. Brown both sides for about 2-3 minutes.
- Place the finished scallops and shrimp on top of the salad.
- Pour the portioned olive oil over the finished salad.
- TIME TO EAT! YUM.