This is a great addition to the dinner plate if you want to revamp your dinner sides. I always try to make my plate at dinner 50-75% vegetables with the rest being a high quality biological protein source. In other words, I eat much like a caveman (…in this case cavewoman). I am a huge fan of the caramelized taste of vegetables when they are browned!
- 1/2 c zucchini, finely sliced
- 1/2 c green pepper, finely sliced
- 1/2 c red pepper, finely sliced
- 1/2 c yellow onions, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp parsley, fresh
- 1 tsp black pepper, ground
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- OPTIONAL: Salt & additional black pepper as desired
- Prepare and portion out ingredients.
- Heat up a medium frying pan and add in the portioned olive oil.
- Toss in all vegetables and mix them up in the pan.
- Sprinkle the pepper and parsley atop the vegetables then allow for browning (3-5 minutes). When browning is noticed flip over the vegetables to allow for the other side to caramelize (3-5 minutes).
- OPTIONAL: Add salt and extra ground black pepper to the product.
- Set the finished vegetables aside and serve with a main entrée.
***Do not overcook because then the beneficial nutrients (naturally occurring vitamins and minerals which are a source of antioxidants) are removed from the vegetable when dried out.
Nutrient content per serving (1 c): 82.25 calories; 5.12 grams carbohydrate; 0.99 grams protein; 3.5 grams fat; 55.25 milligrams vitamin-C; 216.50 milligrams vitamin-A; 0 milligrams cholesterol; 13.75 milligrams calcium; & 1.17 grams fiber