Today was a late day for me but I finally got my bum to the gym. I focused on a mix of shoulder exercises supersetted with cardiovascular and abdominal exercises.
- Shoulder press machine (used outside handles then SUPERSETTED with inside handles) -> 3 sets, 12&12/10&10/8&8/6&6 repetitions – weight was the same for the 1st two sets then went up the last 2 sets
- Decline abdominal crunches with front plate raises -> 2 sets, 25 repetitions (made the motions of a front raise on the 1st set and on the 2nd used a 10# plate)
- Side dumbbell lateral raises and front raises (ie. front/side/front) -> 4 sets, 12 repetitions SUPERSETTED with jump rope for 45 seconds (fast) -> 4 sets
- Shoulder shrugs with dumbbells -> 3 sets, 20 repetitions (heavy weight)
- Fit Ball Abdominal Roll Crunches -> 3 sets, 15 repetitions SUPERSETTED with jump rope for 30 seconds (fast) -> 3 sets
This workout was fast-paced and completed in 30-minutes. I kept the rest period minimal and the weights of the exercises were challenging. In overall, it was a great workout and I got home with time to spare to complete the rest of the items on my “To-Do” list.