Summer may be winding down, but the temperatures are still rising, especially in Texas. Bikini season is still going and that means healthy eats! However, if you’re like me, bikini season is all day, every day. These flavor rich bites are a fantastic addition to your morning routine if you’re looking for a workout boost, post-workout snack, or mid-day snack for extra energy. Not only are the bites easy to make but they are packed with ‘good for you’ nutrients and mouthgasmic worthy. If you like berries and nuts – this creation is definitely for you.
Now let’s talk shop. These bites contain: chia seeds, coconut flakes, cashews, raspberries, dates, protein powder, a banana, and some water. Basically these bites are a mouthful of antioxidants and protein with natural sweet flavorings. Next time you’re opting for store bought energy balls, snacks, or protein bars with ingredients that are unpronounceable or contain numbers, try these, you’ll know exactly what you are eating.
- 2 cups raw cashews (soaked/drained)
- 1 cup raspberries (frozen or fresh)
- 1 medium banana (fresh)
- 2 heaping tablespoons unsweetened coconut flakes
- 5 large medjool dates (pits removed)
- 1 tablespoons chia seeds
- 3 tablespoons warm water
- 1 scoop Vanilla Vega Protein Powder (this protein powder can be found just about anywhere – Target, Amazon, Whole Foods, Vitamin Shoppe, Costco, and GNC)
- Toss cashews and water into a blender and pulse/blend until soft.
- Add coconut flakes, banana, and dates to the nut mixture then pulse/blend until the mixture is homogeneous.
- Remove cashew mixture from the blender. Fold in the raspberries and chia seeds utilizing a fork. Use the fork to mash up some of the berries so that they are not whole.
- Line a cooking sheet with parchment paper.
- Use a tablespoon to create scoops to drop on the parchment paper. Aim to make each portion half the size of the tablespoon utilized.
- Freeze for 4-5 hours then remove from the freezer and store in a parchment paper lined airtight tupperware container.
- Now you’ve got energy bites whenever you want!
- Time to get energized.
xxx – Sarah