I’ve got news! In a week from today I start my journey West. I recently accepted a position in San Francisco… Time for a whole new adventure. I am super excited and nervous but I will channel that energy for something positive. About five months ago I set out to change my career and well, it finally happened, anything is possible.
Fall weather has me reaching for everything pumpkin when I have a sweet tooth but when I want something savory then I reach for butternut squash or sweet potatoes. I am over pumpkin at the moment; my savory taste buds have kicked in, hence this recipe was born.
Butternut squash is an excellent way to increase your dietary fiber as well as nourish your body with vitamins A & C. With the winter months upon us your skin needs these vitamins more than ever (#makeyourskinglow).
- 1# Brussels sprouts; quartered with roots removed
- 1# butternut squash; diced
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 shredded pieces of proscuitto
- 3 tbsp crumbled goat cheese
- Drizzle of balsamic vinegar
- To taste: 1 tsp sea salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a bowl toss the following ingredients well: Brussels, butternut squash, olive oil, black pepper, goat cheese, proscuitto, and sea salt.
- On a parchment lined baking sheet spread out the Brussels and butternut squash.
- Drizzle balsamic vinegar over the vegetables.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Set aside and serve with your favorite entree (or in my case, eat from the baking tray and pass out in a food coma).
xxx – Sarah