I seriously love all things pumpkin. You can tell the moment you step into my home – pumpkin scents everywhere. Now that it is almost fall there are some gourmands here and there… Imagine, it’s only September which means there is still time for me to up my game even more. Look out friends.
Pumpkin. What do you know? Well for starters: 1) High in fiber which helps with satiety and blood glucose control, 2) High in antioxidants as well as vitamin-A and vitamin-C which supports retinal function, hair, skin, and nail growth/support, and 3) High in water content thus if you’re slacking with fluids this will help. This awesome beta carotene/orange goodness is full of flavor which can be enhanced by spices such as cinnamon, cumin, and of course, pumpkin pie spice. This recipe is a wholesome way to get all your nutrients in while on the run and has been a breakfast lifesaver!
- 1/2 cup pumpkin; canned
- 2 frozen bananas; softened
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tbsp almond butter; smooth (unsalted)
- 2 tbsp dry oats
- 1 1/2 scoops vanilla protein powder of choice
- 4 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2-1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 6 medium-large strawberries; fresh and chopped
- Combine all ingredients sans strawberries and mix/mash well until a homogenous mixture is formed. Divide pumpkin mixture among two mason jars or similar containers.
- Top with chopped strawberries and seal with a cover.
- Refrigerate overnight or 2-3 hours prior to consumption.
- Grab a spoon and get moving!
xxx – Sarah