This salad literally takes FIVE minutes to prepare if not less and it only has FIVE ingredients. Basically if you want something super easy to prepare – this is it! This salad is both crunchy and tangy making it the perfect compliment for whatever your entree fancy may be! As soon as I made this salad, I literally couldn’t keep my hands off of it, mouthgasm 101.
If you did not know, cucumbers are an excellent source of hydration, and a single 8-ounce cup is just as hydrating as an equivalent amount of water. Cucumbers are low in calories and rich in anti-inflammatory properties. Even though there are many, many more benefits of cucumbers to discuss, I will list my favorite which is their ability to cool and soothe (Hint: think of when you’ve sipped on cucumber water at the spa or when you’ve put cucumbers over your eyes to relieve puffiness).
- 2 medium sized cucumbers; cut into thin circular halves
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes; halved
- 2 heaping tablespoons of dijon mustard (seed based – I love this one from Trader Joe’s)
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinaigrette
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- In a tupperware container combine all ingredients then cover and shake well.
- Remove cover from tupperware… and serve!
xxx – Sarah