Everyone needs a sidekick. Batman has Robin and every meal needs sweet potatoes. This is one of my favorite quick sides that you can serve with just about any meal whether hot or cold (or just set aside a scoop for a small snack). I made this for dinner the other night alongside scallops and garlicky Brussels sprouts. However, I’ve been pairing the leftovers with my ‘Grab and Go Egg Scramble,’ and it has been absolutely mouthwatering! Best of all it is nut, dairy, and gluten-free.
Pretty sure you know the hype surrounding sweet potatoes but just in case you don’t, here goes – great source of vitamins A and C, micronutrients (potassium, phosphorus, and copper are a few to name), contains fiber, has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, and assists with blood sugar regulation.
- 3 medium sweet potatoes; minced/diced
- 3 scallion stalks and most of the root; minced
- 1/2 tsp of curry powder and paprika
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper and cinnamon
- 1 tbsp olive oil (to heat the frying pan)
- Place a frying pan over medium-high heat and add olive oil. Allow the pan to heat for 1-2 minutes and circulate the oil throughout the surface of the pan.
- Cook the scallions well until the white pieces aka the root is slightly tinged yellow.
- Add the sweet potatoes and stir/toss well for 10 minutes.
- Add the spices and stir/toss for an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and pair with your desired meal!
- Get your antioxidant action going!
xxx – Sarah