Inspiration came to me late Monday night as I was dancing to Mirrors by JT and perusing my refrigerator to utilize what I had at home to make an easy ‘grab/go’ meal. As Maya Angelou says, ‘Everything in the universe has a rhythm, everything dances.’ Cooking and dancing – now that’s a perfect night.
This is a terrific breakfast if you want something wholesome and uncomplicated to last for the week. The dish is loaded with antioxidants from the vegetables and high in protein from the egg base. Also this dish is dairy/nut/gluten-free! Best of all is that it tastes fantastic whether cold or hot. So, as many wise women and men say, do not skip breakfast (#grabandgomeal).
- 9 eggs; whole
- 3 bell peppers of your choice; chopped/minced/diced
- 1 small yellow onion; minced
- 3 cups kale; washed/rinsed
- 1.5 tbsp FlavorGod’s ‘Everything Spicy’ seasoning
- EVOO to heat frying pan and coat shallow baking pan
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Under medium heat, cook onions in a slightly oiled frying pan until slightly browned.
- Add the peppers, kale, and spice, stir/cook for 5-10 minutes.
- Add eggs to the vegetable mixture then scramble. Allow dish to sit for 1-2 minutes. Transfer egg/vegetable scramble to a slightly oiled 10×15 rectangular Pyrex dish (click the link for the exact item I used) and insert in the oven.
- Cook in the oven for 15 minutes. Remove dish from heat and allow to cool.
- Set aside for breakfasts by itself, create a traditional sandwich, or create an open-faced sandwich. My favorite spin to this is a slice of gluten-free bread or rice cake with this scramble served on top!
- Start your day right. Bon appetit.
xxx – Sarah