Not sure if the warmer weather or longer days have changed my palette but lately I’ve been craving sandwiches. The King and I seem to share a favorite – peanut butter sandwiches with bananas. However mine have a twist aka a gluten-free twist plus I use fresh ground almond butter. PS – when I say the King, I’m referring to the one and only, Elvis Presley.
If you haven’t tried Udi’s bread… Do it. Just do it. I’m partial to their Omega Flax and Fiber as well as their Millet-Chia breads since both have 6 grams of protein per serving (2 slices). These breads have become a pre-workout and post-workout staple for me these days due to their carbohydrate/sugar/fiber content. It’s hard to find good gluten-free bread with a flavor ‘wow’ factor.
Anyways, I’ve been changing up the traditional PB and King sandwich with different fruit variations. My ‘go to’ variation is a slice of bread with almond butter/sliced strawberries or almond butter/sliced bananas with a dash or two of cinnamon. Take a walk in the footsteps of the King and I. I promise you won’t regret it.
- 2 slices of toasted Udi’s bread of choice
- 2 tbsp almond butter (basically a tbsp per slice), creamy or crunchy
- 1/2 banana, sliced
- 3 strawberries, sliced/slivered
- a dash/pinch/sprinkle of cinnamon, ground
- Spread almond butter atop each toasted slice of bread.
- Top one slice with bananas and the other with strawberries.
- Add a dash/pinch/sprinkle of cinnamon over the fruit.
- Combine the two slices to form a sandwich or keep them open-faced.
- Pair with your coffee!
xxx – Sarah