This is a great recipe that is loaded with CALCIUM to keep you nice and strong. I absolutely love it! I went to the local farmer’s market a few weeks ago and sampled some of this goodness. I was unable to ask for the recipe so I tried to replicate it! After two tries… This was the golden result! I made two variations of the recipe: the first without the cheese and the second with cheese. When the recipe was trialed withfriends the majority liked it with the cheese (so you can do either)! The amount portioned below is to serve one person but can be doubled or tripled as needed!
- 1.5 c kale leaves, chopped
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, fresh squeezed juice
- 2 pinches sea salt
- 1/2 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 pinches black pepper
- OPTIONAL: 1.5 tbsp Pecorino Romano Cheese
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and mix well. Allow for the leaves to be covered with oil, juice, and spices (and cheese if used).
- Chill for about 1 hour prior to serving.
Nutrient Content per serving (analyzed with cheese): 156.5 calories; 13.0 g carbohydrate; 10 g fat; 8 mg cholesterol; 6.5 g protein; 0 g added sugars; 1.7 mg iron; 244 mg calcium; 4 g fiber; 200-400 mg sodium (varies due to the amount of sea salt added)