Sundays… Love this day. I know later I’ll be watching the Giants game and playing with my new puppy so it doesn’t get too much better. I made this delicious egg scramble to start the day. I believe that rather than adding tons of cheese – load up on the lean meat additions and/or VEGETABLES! I love my vegetables – threw in 3 of my favorites: red onion, spinach, and tomato. Try this tomorrow morning – the prep work is a piece of cake!
- 3 eggs: 1 whole, 2 whites
- 1 turkey sausage link, pre-cooked and chopped
- 1/2 c raw spinach greens, minced
- 1/2 c tomato, diced
- 1/4 c red onion, minced
- Olive oil spray (to coat the frying pan)
- TO TASTE / OPTIONAL: crushed black pepper, paprika, and sea salt
- Cutting board
- French knife
- Measuring cups (1/2 and 1/4 size)
- Frying pan
- Allow for the frying pan to heat up then coat with olive oil spray and add in the raw ingredients (red onion, tomato, and spinach). Allow for browning while moving the items around the pan.
- Add in the turkey sausage link – mix well. Allow for the meat and vegetables to sit for a bit to allow for crispness to occur.
- Whip the eggs before adding them to the pan. Combine the eggs with the meat/vegetable mixture. Mix items well in the pan.
- Remove from heat after 2-3 minutes to prevent over drying the product (I like my eggs to be a bit moist).
- Now go and feast!
NUTRIENT CONTENT: 212 kilocalories; 6 g carbohydrate; 21 g protein; 4.5 g fat (.5 g saturated); 232 mg cholesterol
Now I can enjoy my Sunday properly with Theodore “Teddy” Roosevelt!