It is becoming super cold outside! Rather than to make something hot and creamy I decided to make something new and mix some bold flavors. This salad is certainly different but does a fantastic job of mixing the tart taste from berries with the spice used for preparation of the shrimp. I must say it was absolutely de-lishhhh!
- 1/2 c black:berries, whole
- 1/4 c strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 c beefsteak tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 c cucumber, diced
- 1/4 c red pepper, diced
- 2 tbsp red pepper, minced
- 1 cup mixed baby salad greens
- 10 frozen shrimp (tails attached or detached)
- Montreal Steak Seasoning spice (*I used McCormick)
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar (*I used Modena, Italy aged balsamic)
- Olive oil spray (to coat frying pan and mist over the shrimp)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Bowl for finished salad
- Frying pan
- Cutting board
- French knife
- Place greens in a bowl. Add the following additions: cucumber, red pepper, tomato, and red onion then add the berries (strawberries and blackberries). Set aside.
- Coat pan with olive oil spray and heat. Add frozen shrimp to the heated pan then mist with the olive oil spray then cover as desired with the Montreal Steak Seasoning spice. Use the spatula to turn shrimp to allow for even browning. Set seasoned shrimp aside.
- Top the salad greens with the seasoned shrimp then drizzle/distribute balsamic vinegar and olive oil evenly over the dish. This allows the vinegar and olive oil to absorb the spice from the shrimp thus adding more flavor throughout the dish.
- Grab a fork and enjoy!
FUN FACT: A 1-ounce serving of shrimp contains 6 grams of lean protein!