Meals throughout the day are very important and the main reason is to keep your metabolism working rather than to slow it down. When you feed your body, your metabolism works, and when you don’t, it
works. The key to successful weight loss management is constantly keeping yourself fed and some of the other benefits include: 1) Energy, 2) Satiety, and 3) Performance.
This is a guilt-free dish that I love to eat as a snack between meals or as a meal. What makes it so perfect? It is a lean dish that is high in protein, water, antioxidants, and complex carbohydrates. The best, and I mean absolute best, part of this recipe is that it takes less than 10 minutes to make – pressed for time? Test it out now!
Meat Mixture Ingredients:
- 1 pound, ground – lean turkey breast (97-99% fat-free)
- 1 cup, quartered – angel sweet cherry tomatoes (or plain cherry tomatoes)
- 1/2 cup, minced – celery
- 2-3 tablespoons, minced – garlic
- 1/4 cup, minced – cilantro
- 1-2 tablespoons – ‘Garlic Lovers’ Flavor God Seasoning (Sidebar note: I am absolutely loving the Flavor God products since they are packed fresh, high in flavor, low-sodium, gluten-free, and interchangeable thus can be utilized with any recipe).
- Coconut oil or spray of choice to coat the frying pan
- 2 cups, medium sliced – celery stalks
- 1 cup, sliced – champagne sweet cherry tomatoes (or plain cherry tomatoes)
- In a coated frying pan over medium-high heat, combine the garlic and cilantro then mix well.
- Add the celery and tomatoes then saute for about 2-3 minutes then lower to medium heat.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flavor god seasoning and the ground turkey together.
- Add the ground turkey to the garlic/cilantro mixture and mix well for 3-5 minutes allowing the meat to form a light brown to golden color.
- Remove from heat.
- In four Tupperware containers for snacks or four regular plates – layer the celery on the bottom followed by the tomatoes.
- Then add the ground turkey mixture on top (divide into four portions). The key is to think of a nacho bean layer dip but only with water-based vegetables and lean animal protein.
- Serve cold or heated – time to get crunchin.’
xxx – Sarah