Zoodles are the new noodles and now Sunday has gotten even healthier in my book! Now you can have your pasta Sundays sans the guilt and gluten. This meal is a great way to fuel up for the week and have some leftovers for lunch(es) and/or dinner(s).
Now grab a spiralizer and get to work! I’m a fan of the Kinzi brand which is great for creating a healthy alternative to spaghetti by using various vegetables to become ‘noodle-like.’ Some vegetable options that are great for spiraling include zucchini, squash, carrots, and beets.
- 3 yellow squashes (ea); raw and spiralized
- 3 beets (ea); raw and spiralized
- 3 carrots (ea); raw and spiralized
- 4 c of cherry tomatoes; halved
- 2 tbsp garlic; minced
- 1/3 scallions; minced
- 1/2 c olive oil
- 1/2 c cilantro; minced
- Eyeball amounts to create an Italian blend: chili powder, garlic powder, coriander, clove, garlic, cardamon, cumin, and salt
- 12 oz sausage of choice
- In a saucepan combine the olive oil, garlic, cilantro, and scallions to simmer over medium-high heat for 5-10 minutes. Toss in cherry tomatoes and cover saucepan allowing the tomatoes to cook in the oil mixture for 5-10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Saute the raw zoodles with a splash of olive oil until slightly tender then remove from heat. Divide the zoodles into four portions. Drizzle the tomato mixture over the zoodles.
- Cook sausage as usual and chop into various chunks. Top the zoodles and tomato mixture with sausage.
- Happy Game of Thrones (GOT) watching day!
xxx – Sarah