…And I’m back! Sorry for the delay folks. Adjusting to the roads in Chicago has monopolized my free time thus I have not been able to post as much (#disliketraffic).
This is a great recipe that I modified from a combination of recipes. It is simple and fun to make – best of all there is no baking necessary! So if you are craving something sweet sans the guilt, this is the answer to your prayers!
Content of these dark chocolate brownies are extremely different from your typical calorie laden brownies. These treats are high in protein and fiber yet low in carbohydrate. Rather than to use ingredients such as eggs and flour which would add in carbohydrates and cholesterol I opted for unsweetened coconut milk, chia seeds, and Life Time Fitness VEGANMAX which gave the brownies a chewy taste.
- 6 servings (1 scoop) Life Time Fitness VEGANMAX or any other vegan protein powder of choice
- 8 tbsp Hershey’s Special Dark Cocoa Powder
- 6 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/4 c brown sugar Spenda blend
- 1/2 tsp pure white Stevia extract powder
- 1/8 tsp Celtic sea salt
- 12 oz unsweetened coconut milk
- 8 tbsp almond butter, room temperature
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 6 tbsp water
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all the dry ingredients.
- Stir in coconut milk, almond butter, water, and vanilla extract – mix well.
- When the mixture appears homogeneous set it aside.
- Dust a piece of parchment paper with cocoa powder and place the doughy mixture on top.
- Using a teaspoon, scoop out about half an ounce (0.5 oz) and using your hands shape it into a ball.
- Place the finished ball(s) atop the parchment paper that has been dusted with cocoa powder.
- Cover the product well. Set the finished product into the refrigerator for 5-10 hours prior to serving to allow for hardening.
- Serve cold or at room temperature.
Now you can have your brownies minus the sin!
xxx – Sarah